Shri Prakash Javadekar represents the Bharatiya Janata Party and is the incumbent Minister of Human Resource Development of Government of India. As Union Minister for Human Resource Development Shri Javadekar assumed office on 05th July, 2016.
Shri Prakash Javadekar was honoured with Sir Purshottam Das Thakur Memorial National Award, for research Paper on Rural Development and Banks’ Role in Coordinated Approach and also had the honour of leading the delegation to Boston to Negotiate Media Lab Asia Project (2000).
He has to his credit about 300 articles in various newspapers on contemporary subjects and many booklets on unemployment, infiltration, IMF loan and other political topics.
Respected Minister of HRD has visited various countries including USA, Europe, Belgium, Italy, Denmark, Israel, Finland & Iceland, Taiwan, Japan, China, South Africa, Brazil and UK.
Positions held by Shri Prakash Javadekar (Previous)
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) — Environment, Forest & Climate Change
- Minister of State — Parliamentary Affairs
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) — Information and Broadcasting
- Member of Parliament — Rajya Sabha (2008–14)
- Executive President — State Planning Board Maharashtra (1995–1999)
- Member of Legislative Council — Maharashtra from Pune Division Graduate Constituency for 12 years (1990–2002)
- Chairman — Task Force on IT, Government of Maharashtra (1997–1999)
- Chairman — Working Group on “IT for Masses”, Government of India (2000)
- Member — Press Council of India
- Member — Public Accounts Committee
- Member — Standing Committee on HRD
- Member — Consultative Committee for Min. of Power
- Member — Committee on Subordinate Legislation
- Member — Committee on WAKF
- Member — Standing Committee on Defence