Hyderabad, June 30, 2017…… Institute of Management Technology (IMT) – Hyderabad inaugurated its 7th Batch (2017-19) for the two-year Post-Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) at the IMT-Hyderabad campus.
The new batch encompasses good diversity across various parameters –44.5% from Engineering background and the rest 55.5% from Commerce, Arts, Management and other streams. They come from different cities and towns across 22 states in India.
Management colleges seek students from diverse backgrounds and even offer extra weight to non-engineering students. This has been the trend for some time. Top management schools abroad have students from a variety of academic backgrounds, but most of the management students in India comprised of just Engineers. But, now things are changing slowly in India.
The fresh 2019 batch of IMT breaks the record in gender diversity with the highest number of girl students. With 43.5% female students, it seems IMT Hyderabad has been one of the most preferred destinations among the girl students, this year. “It is an achievement because IMT Hyderabad does not offer any gender-based extra score or points unlike many of the top B-Schools. It was a rational and natural choice by the female students”, said Prof. Dhananjay Singh, Chairperson Admissions at IMT Hyderabad.
The new 2017-19 batch encompasses healthy diversity across various parameters – there are 56.5% male and 43.5% female students. 44.5% are from Engineering background and the rest 55.5% Commerce, Arts, Management and other streams. The batch comprises students from various cities and towns across 22 states in India.
The campus reverberated with the zest and enthusiasm of budding future managers of the corporate world. While addressing the new batch the Director of IMT-Hyderabad, Prof. (Dr.) Satish Ailawadi emphasised the importance of emotional intelligence in today’s management graduates. He advised the students “to focus not just on building your resumes but on building your skills with special attention to emotional intelligence. It is extremely important for you to understand that people who have mastered their emotions can roll with changes. They don’t panic.”
The inaugural ceremony followed by two weeks long Management Orientation Program, which besides comprising sessions on basics of management, communication, case-study pedagogy, skill-orientations and subject introductions. They also had outbound activities and a panel discussion with corporate leaders.
The panel discussion held on the topic “Dilemma of a Management Graduate.” Dr.Murali Padmanabhan, Sr Vice President, Virtusa Polaris; Sriram S.R., Director-HR, Arcesium (D.E.Shaw); Shameel Sharma, MD, Kantar Group; Neha Richharia, Associate Director-HR, Cognizant Technology Solutions and Nihit Kumar Sharma, Associate VP, UBS AG were the panelists
Dr. Satish Ailawadi, Director at IMT Hyderabad, had earlier said, “The Industry-centric approach has paid us well. Around 35 organisations have come to the campus for placements with the highest offer of INR 22.5 lakhs. The average remuneration for top 100 students has been close to INR 7 lakhs while the average for top 50 offers has been 8.16 lakhs, this year.”