Education Conclave 2019 was organized by Intellify (a non-profit initiative run by the students and alumni of IIT Delhi) and NSS IIT Delhi on 30th December 2019 at IIT Delhi.
The event had 800+ students, 100+ teachers, and 25+ policymakers, educationists, investors join the event.
This day-long event had:
- Panel Discussions
- 21st Century Skills: Changes in the Education Sector and the Role of Schools in the Technology Age
Rajnish Kumar, Director, MHRD
- Shri Manmohan Singh, Director, Piramal Foundation for Education Leadership
- Shri Tarak Goradia, Co-creator of Entrepreneurship Mindset Curriculum and Edutech Startup Mentor
- Smt. Vandana Bhatnagar, Chief Program Officer
- Shri Biswajit Saha, CBSE Director
- Reimagining Education with Technology Prof. MR Ravi, IIT Delhi Prof. Manan Suri, EE Dept. – IIT Delhi (Neuromorphic Hardware Research Group) Dr. Manish Sharma, Director – Samsung Saksham – Avanti Learning Centers Ankit Aggarwal , CEO Dare 2 Compete Mr. Vikash Jha, Villgro
- Special Address by Shri Arvind Kejriwal Sir
- In the Talk sir appreciated initiative for government school kids by Intellify
- He mentioned about the efforts taken by the Delhi Govt
- Mentioned that improvements can only be done when in the ecosystem everyone works together to improve the scenario of the education
- Conclusive Session by Shri Anil Swarup (
ex-Education Secretary 2016-18)
- He focussed on the need to keep pushing the boundaries to do well in life
- Finale of National Science and Creativity Program 2020
Students selected through a process containing two stages of competitive exam that analysed their creative and innovative skills participated in the third stage – The Finale and were evaluated based on their hands on skills.
i. Class 5th – 6th students developed Hologram out of waste plastic material.
ii. Class 7th – 8th students made Wind to Electrical Energy Convertor
iii. Class 9th – 10th students made Water Level Controller.
Iv. Class 11th – 12th students made Automatic Street Light Controller
- Workshop by Paresh Gupta for Teachers and Parents
The focus of the workshop was to make teachers and parents aware about the creative methods and practices of teaching (pedagogies).
- Creative Quiz Competitions
The event was followed by an award ceremony for students of the National level competitions. The event was also accompanied by the launch of the higher-order thinking skill videos by IIT Delhi students across various topics and NCERT chapters which allow students to understand the concept in detail.
Concluding the event, Intellify launched the National Creativity Program 2020 where students from more than 5000 schools will participate to assess their skills and improve upon them in 2020. This will reach out to more than 5 lakhs students across government schools and private school kids to give them an opportunity to understand, improve and work on 21st-century skills.